Eracer76
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E89 Z4 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff@topgearsolutions View Post
Any other codes ? fuel related?
Nope, I've cleared the codes about a dozen times now, and I've never gotten anything but misfire codes for the specific cylinders and the multiple cylinder misfire code, and thats it... no other codes.
Before the new plugs, it was only cylinders 3 and 4 every time (and I reset the codes 3 or 4 times)
Then I replaced all the plugs and I switched the #3 and #4 coils to the #1 and #2 spots.... and now I still get a misfire code from #3 every time, and occasionally #1 and #2, show up also... So, I'm wondering if I have a couple coils going bad, and one injector in the #3 spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vase330 View Post
Sounds like LPFP starting to go. Sometimes it wont even throw a code and will just fail completely one day then throw a code. Once they change that and fuel pressure regulator everything will be peachy and you will discover that's what was causing your misfires.
That would be nice if it were that easy, and simply replacing the pump, but that wouldnt be my luck!
I guess we'll find out what the dealer finds when I take it in, either tomorrow or Monday.
2009 Z4 35i 6mt, SpeedTech 6266 Gen2 turbo kit, Tial WG, VRSF 7.5 race IC, ER charge pipe, Tial BOV, Radium Fuel cell w/ surge tank and twin Walbro 525 pumps, Radium FPR and return line, Bluetooth ethanol sensor, Phoenix intake manifold w/PI, JB4 tuner, PR coil packs, Custom oil cooler, ECS Radiator, Spec 3+clutch, Mfactory flywheel, single 3.5" into dual 3" exhaust, H&R springs, 19" TSW wheels, 235/19 & 275/19 RE11 tires
Appreciate 0