03-26-2012, 02:04 PM   #11
kiwi29
Team iTouge
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 M-Tech 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ421 View Post
The uneven wear is weird. I wish I was more of an expert in this area to help you out.

That's a LOT of brake dust. My 335 has different brakes but ... I have no significant brake dust buildup - none like that, anyway. Even after going to the track.

Talk to the techs and the dealer and see what they say.
I've tried talking to the techs and they reply that they can't speak to me because of contract rule?? Seems like BS maybe cuz I'm young. But ill definitely check that out, but the brake dust has always been a lot. My rims are usually covered so bad that it looks like they're gunmetal instead of silver/polished hahahaha
Quote:
Originally Posted by e90pilot View Post
35k is really low for the fronts too. You should get minimum 50k out of the brakes and there should be minimal uneven wear left to right. Front to back is a different story. My car cakes up brake dust very quickly also. In a week my wheels are brown, but I drive a lot more than you I think.
Really? My SA never said it was outta the normal, I also had about 4 oilchanges comming on my fifth and already needed a new set of cats. I doubt its the way I drive, my car seems to be a hassle the first year I had it. Nothing but problems and rattling and my dealership wouldn't call it under the lemon law. And within a week I put on average 300 miles, my car doesn't stay clean for long, even with wax and sealant on, there's so much dust caked on it takes me 30 mins for my car and about 15 per wheel cuz the dust is so severe
Driving is like having sex.
It really is. You can read up all you want about how to please a woman, you can look at all the diagrams in the world, but just like the clitoris, you won't know what the hell an apex is before you actually find it.
Appreciate 0