View Single Post
      07-23-2012, 11:38 AM   #13
vapore0n
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2010 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antartic View Post
Well, using leaf blower for drying my car was a complete failure. I bought a cheap $30 one from Lowes. My car has an existing layer of wax + sealant. After ‘sheeting’ the excess water off my car, I tried to use the blower to get the big beads of water out.

All the darn thing did was separate the water into several thousand tiny beads which spiderwebbed all over the panel, which then evaporated quickly leaving me with tons of small water spots!! ARGH.

It seemed to work well for the wheels, but either I am doing something wrong for the paint, or this thing simply doesn’t work.
Sounds like you did it in the sun or on a hot surface?

Ive noticed that using leaf blower leaves very small water spots around the car. This due to that effect you talk about.
I use my leaf blower to to most of the job, not fully. Its great for wheels, front area, mirrors, gas tank area, license plate area, etc. Get the water out of all those cracks. Then I finish with a good mf towel and a qd spray. Have not seen any marring/swirls yet. Best part is I get little to no water running out after I dry up the car.
Appreciate 0