02-12-2013, 09:40 AM   #15
mob17
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 335D

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobbo99 View Post
Even as a football fan, Ive no idea either. For me, if you support a team then you support a team.

Who starts following teams because they win the league? 9 year olds, and people who know nothing about football (probably)

not entirely sure Mob17's point is as he intended (im not diggin him out here) I read it as him trying to prevent a 'my teams better than yours' type scenario as is normally the case when it comes to forums banter etc.
My point was just to clarify that i'm not a glory hunter, fans with no loyalty. Reason i made the point is, as previously said, many supporters of Man Utd, Chelsea & Man City support them because of their previous glory and finances.

In my book, and many other football fans' books, this is one of the worst things you can do when following football. It's like saying, oh i'm going to divorce my wife and marry another because she's more successful, its disgraceful!

I have no problem with people changing to support a team because they have been successful. Just don't expect to have your views on football respected, as your supporting philosophy can not be any more different. It's a fundamental, hidden, not spoke about, rule. This is just my point of view so please don't take it the wrong way.

I am looking forward to seeing Celtic tonight. Come on Scotland.

SCN_Saul: I agree, i don't think anyone can man mark Ronaldo. I suggested Alonso as this is what a few teams did, spanish teams that have beaten Real this season. If you nullify Alonso as much as possible, by that i mean pressing him in his own half, then hopefully he won't have much time to find Ronaldo on the flanks.

By the way i would actually give one of my testicles to have Ronnie come back home to his Father.

Edit: Another example is raising your child, then throwing him into an orphanage because he didn't pass his GCSEs, and then somehow adopting a smarter kid.

Last edited by mob17; 02-12-2013 at 09:49 AM..
Appreciate 0