08-01-2014, 08:36 PM   #4967
Infidel
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 E90 330xi MT s/p/c

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxjecxxx View Post
Try the video now, I've changed the settings to public.

DIY is a bit out dated. Overall, using the files I've provided from box.net you should.

install drivers for your cable.
install bmw standard tools (link provided first post)
replace folders created by bmw standard tools with the ones i've provided (link on first page)

test connectivity with INPA. This must work before you can move to NCS expert. It's your testing point. If it's not working.. 90% chance it's your drivers. I say this because i've already updated the folders for you with Daten V49. You shouldn't have to modify anything inside the folders I've provided. The profiles are made, the language is in english..

All you should have to do is setup the drivers, test with INPA then move on to NCS. You can use the video as a reference.

I will try to answer questions but please search first, all the answers are in this thread.
Thank you for all your effort here, its really been helpful. Wading through all this info and files on e90 post new and old has been a challenge.

I have downloaded your files, installed bmw tools, extracted your data file and then went and replaced all the folders in my C drive from the bmw tool install with the ones you provided in the data file.

My confusion now is that I have multiple INPA loaders, neither of which seem to be in english once I get into the actual analog engine readings ( I seem to recall seeing someone had them all in engish). So my question is: which INPA location do I open; what is the "INPA_installed by BMW TOOLS" folder for, and should it be in english (i.e. I did something wrong). I see that the INPA_Installed by BMW TOOLS has a text file that shows ver.
and the other INPA folder has a text file that shows ver.
update auf 5.0.2
INPA\VERSION.TXT
INPA\BIN\INPA.EXE
INPA\BIN\INPALOAD.EXE
INPA\BIN\INPACOMP.EXE
INPA\DEMO\TEST50X_32.IPS

Also
Tried to register my battery last night and I used toolset 32, found the battery register command and selected "run job once" but I really dont know if I successfully did it. I went in INPA and found the battery info and it showed the battery as an 80AH bat (which it is) and the current charge level of 85.5%. Is there any way for me to tell if I actually registered it?

Last edited by Infidel; 08-01-2014 at 08:45 PM..
Appreciate 0