02-25-2012, 07:24 PM   #17
ciomas
Captain
Poland
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by HP Autowerks View Post
Bilstein will not measure up to the Ohlins unless some changes are made internally and use true coilover type springs.

We have tried the same with Ohlins USA to buy only the struts and dampers only to be used with Swift springs and our hardware, but without any luck. However, I was told this may change down the road so there is hope.

KW is the same way, but even tougher to work with. In addition, they actually took our idea and made kits of their own and try to make us buy them...NO WAY! They are still wondering to this date why those kits don't sell! People want Swift springs with the option to choose their own spring rates, not an off of the shelf kit with KW springs.

AST and Koni are great to work with to get struts and dampers in just about any configuration with or without springs. Moton and JRZ are very easy to work with as well since most of the dampers are custom anyway.
I went to Autosport Intenational this year, mainly to visit the guys at Forge after they've done some dovelopment on my car But I also spoke to some suspension manufacturers including an Ohlins representative. From what I see they dont even know a problem exists. Once a kit is released they expect everyone to be happy with it...dont seem to be following the feedback and oppinions. Ben Fricker, the guy from BG Motorsport at Silverstone was actualy quite keen on discussing it more to report back to Ohlins. I migth go and see them at some point...maybe have the dampers revalved as well. But for now Im very happy with my setup....well, if it wasnt for the bloody brakes of course..