View Single Post
      12-22-2010, 03:29 PM   #35
SDbmw
Registered
Rep
Drives: 06' 325 & 330

I did the rear regulator and was running into problems with the anti trap mechanism.

At first it was going down fine but on the way up it was going to the top and coming down half way.

I tried a few different methods and honestly spent more time trying to figure out the anti trap than it actually took to do the repair.

After a bunch of different methods nothing works. The manual says that if you roll it all the way up and pull the button again within 4 seconds it disables the anti trap, you'll see a picture on the dash of a window and exclamation point.

This did nothing but disable the trap.

The problem with the window is it needs to know where the top and bottom is to have the one touch function and anti trap to work in harmony, so you need to program the bottom and top memory sequence into the car.

But the TRICK I found was that you need to do it in order.

STEP 1: First hold the button down til the window gets to the bottom. You will hear the motor click on a few times once it hits the bottom. Hold for about 10 or so seconds.

STEP 2 : Next pull the button up to begin raising the window, continue holding. The window will start going up in increments and stop. continue hoding the button until it finally makes its way to the top. Continue holding for 10 secs and you will hear the motor clicking like it did when you programmed the bottom memory.

DONE !!!

If the window doesnt go up in increments on the way up. Start over with the down memory sequence in step 1.

Hope this helps.
Appreciate 0