Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Don't know yet!

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by FRG View Post
Thanks Sparkie,

I have a combi (new 2 years ago). Conservatory will be 5.4m x 3.8m. The installer is me (jack of all......). My plan is to use a 'one zone pack' where you get the pump and blending valve etc. I was wondering how it worked but think I've sussed it. Does the UFH pump only run when the water in the central heating is above a certain temp AND the conservatory room stat is calling for it? I need to contact the boiler manufacturer to check it will work with another pump in the system. I just don't fancy fitting the electric stuff, not that electrics scare me, I was a spark for 10 years from leaving school. I've read that you have to be careful what you place on the floor i.e. thick rugs, bean bags etc are a no no due to thermal blocking with the electric heating?

Cheers
No need for two pumps,just add the pipework (in one continuous length,NO joints) as though you were adding a radiator (which is the continuous pipe),the thermostat for the pipework sits on the lower part of a wall as it exits your conservatory and hooks up with the rest of the CH system.

I installed a system as above in a kitchen extension I built six yrs ago,the boiler is a combi,and the heated floor is in the screed with ceramic tiling on top.
Works like a dream,toasty toes

Never argue with an idiot on the internet. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
Appreciate 0