View Single Post
      08-26-2012, 03:30 PM   #16
BanziBarn
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW 330D E90 LCI Msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by coopersim View Post
Pre lci had a common fault affecting the push tube (usually caused by freezing weather) the up shot of this is, if it's sitting proud now, chances are the next time they're used when you're driving you'll lose one or both!

In my lci coupe I've had to have both springs replaced due to them fatiguing and not closing properly, so looks to still be a poor design!

(Pre lci are attached to the pop up tube, post lci they're attached on a hinge to the bumper)
My LCI ones don't go down either. Someone here said there is no active mechanism as such and it's just the water pressure that pushes them up. I figured this meant that the issues was related to blocked tubes which, if you don't use BMW fluid means you have to pay. So, it's good to hear that there are springs in there which could mean this may be covered under warranty. Makes sense now I think about it that pressure pushes them up, and a spring takes them down again.

It's affecting both of mine though which is suspicious - why would they both break at once?

http://www.e90post.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=2148&pictureid=44259
Appreciate 0