11-13-2013, 04:00 PM   #2444
kenneth
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 335i Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim View Post
+1 on the CLA45: I don't understand MB's strategy there, as it's EXTREMELY affordable (and apparently a good performer) - right this very moment, if I were in the market for a 4-door powerful sedan, I'd most likely buy the CLA45 over the 335 and probably even over the M3 - so I'd like to see what happens there.

On the other hand, it'll sell like hot cakes, so I suddenly don't want it anymore. How many "rare" cars can one own in a lifetime, right :P
Your R is really rare (2 per dealership). If you did not track your car, you would have rarely seen another BLUE one, let alone 2 or 3.

Having said that, with regards to

M3/M4: C63 or it's next model will provide some pressure pricewise. RS4/5 won't because they are already priced higher than M3. Lots of folks are not liking the M3/4 1) droopy front end 2) turbo & lower redline and 3) Exhaust sound 4) 3300 lbs still on the heavy side (M3 don't need to be that BIG)

M2: I frankly don't think it will happen, since as Vanos mentions, it will have to outperform the M235, without outperforming the M3/4. And pricewise, it will still have to favorably compare to the CLA 45 AMG, which doesn't leave much room. 60k will be overpriced, while 55k not enough compared to the M235. Dilemma. Not to forget the M3 cannot start too much higher than $70k

January Detroit Auto show should be telling of the direction BMW chooses.

Last edited by kenneth; 11-13-2013 at 04:37 PM..
Appreciate 0