Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 E92 335is AW/CR/DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killerfish2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisred View Post
Did 3 20 min sessions. Car was running fine. At the 4th session after lunch break, I got a engine malfunction code and turbos got shut off. Didn't have my laptop with me to check code. Oil temps were fine at 270 deg F. Thanks to my two oil coolers and meth.

Once this happened to me while WOT on street. Code was something about Vanos. So I'm assuming Vanos solenoid needs replacement??

I was only running 14psi on track.

I also notice my wastegate rattle is horrendous lately while building boost. And my turbos shut off occasionally for like 2 min while driving.
Flash tunes are best for the track. With cobb aggressive or race maps, the power hasn't been cut for me once limp mode sets in, so I can continue racing, once I've checked the code, once, and they same code typically re-occurs. Meth is also a big no no on the track, as we've already lost an engine on here due to using meth at the race course. Check your code to see whats going on with your car, and report back. It's all speculation till we know what code you pulled.
So flash tunes are not impacted at 270? I thought most (all) of the protective features were retained by Cobb at least from what I've read on here.