Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '06 325i and '13 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaishang View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayKay335i View Post
I work on my own car. I do my own service. I get my hands dirty whenever possible.

I also read instructions and educate my self about what I'm doing prior to doing it.

What I was referring to as being ignorant is completely laying blame on BMW when if anybody is to blame, they would be the last ones. If I changed something and a week later it blew up, chances are either I effed up or whatever I put in there effed up.

Let's just say you have a common, everyday object like say a light fitting in your ceiling. It takes common, everyday objects like lightbulbs.

Only this is a BMW lightfitting and it takes BMW lightbulbs which look the same as other lightbulbs but are somehow different in a non-obvious way and different to all other lightbulbs in the market. BMW tell you about it in some manual somewhere but since they are replacing what is a worldwide standard item, nobody reads that part of the manual.

The lightbulb exlpodes, decapitating your pet poodle.

Whose fault is that?

And you know what you do with lightbulbs? You screw them.
Yours, don't assume anything.
If no codes are being thrown use Chevron Techron fuel injector cleaner (concentrate). It solves rpm fluctuating upon cold start-up. Also, for most BMW problems start off by scanning your car with the Peake Research Tool. It contains the actual BMW codes. If you want to register a newly installed battery for free (just buy a $10 cable) and google/download BMWLogger
Appreciate 0