View Single Post
      02-23-2013, 12:40 AM   #85
Killerfish2012
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E90 335I, E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Techevo View Post
Your posts continue to show you really don’t understand the subject, so why are you posting?
Because I enjoy making you continue to concede defeat.

Quote:
You don’t need to set the diff up for different tracks, you just need to fit the diff as it comes, which has been setup for that model in mind, then tweak once fitted if you’re not happy. It is setup for the car, not for a certain track.
NO, it is not set up with the model in mind. Go to the OS giken website, which you refuse to visit, and check the facts. When you order the OS giken diff, you have to tell them what % lock up you would like. This is the same in the adjustable, and non adjustable diffs. With the adjustable ones, being the only user end modifiable unit.

Quote:
This discussion is which one is best, or what benefits one has over the other for the cost, not about practicality, and not once has the OP mentioned it
We can take practicality out of the discussion if it's making you sweat. but as far as cost goes, you haven't explained what the major difference is between the Super Lock unit of OS Giken (the only one which we can even compare to wavetrac), and wavetrac, to justify the Large Price difference. I can't pay for the difference between a 1.5 way and 2 way diff because the difference is probably not even noticeable to 99% of the drivers that track their car.

Quote:
I’m not arguing, I’m posting facts from 20+ years of hands on experience.
No one is challenging your alleged experience, but exactly how many years have you spent driving at the track. I know I'm more experienced than you.

Quote:
I’ve never once mentioned practicality, please show where I have?? I haven't said the Wavetrac is less practical, you seem to be trying to argue a point that hasn't been written, very strange.
No, the OS giken is FAR less practical for anyone other than a professional race team to own. read what I wrote with care.

Quote:
Actually, I wrote ‘OS Giken for hardcore street/track (best traction/adjustablility) The OP asked why the OS are better, I’ve answered with facts. If you want best performance, you’ll find someone like me who understands exactly how they work and how to set them up, and get them to set it up for you.
That's your opinion backed with claims of years of dealing with clutch style diffs, not experience behind the wheel, at a track, once the installs were complete.

Quote:
Rubbish.
Garbage (US)

Quote:
So you think a plated LSD won’t work with one wheel off the ground? We seem to be going round in circles here. :
It will "work", but it won't move the vehicle, appreciably. We've seen videos of a vehicle with wavetrac fitted, and it moves the vehicle. Show us filmed evidence of the Superlock moving the vehicle

Lastly, here is video of a 335I at the track with the wavetrac fitted. Please tell me exactly how a superlock will improve his corner entry, exit, or any other aspect of his driving:

Appreciate 0