View Single Post
      04-25-2012, 02:49 PM   #57
deezofchuck
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: OVER SLOW LEFT LANE DRIVERS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doyle View Post
It depends. With my -3d I'm getting pretty even wear across the tire. When I was running stock camber, I chewed up the outside edge of my tires. Toe is what really kills tires. Even if I didn't track my car, by the time that the inside edge of my tire is dead, the rest of the tread would be borderline worthless, as well.

As demonstrated by AWD Addict, there is a difference between a book answer and a real life answer. Everything he said is correct...but we are so far away from needing to worry about "too much" negative camber to even begin to think about degraded braking, twitchy handling, or increased tire wear.

With my -3d, my braking is the same, steering has actually improved (due to more front end bite), and my tread wear is actually better than when I was running the stock alignment. BMW's love alot of negative camber up front.

I would consider -2.5d to -3d practical for a street/track setup and -1.5 to -2.5 practical for a street only setup.
I will prob try -2.5 then when i get mine done - hopefully I can learn how to do it myself at the garage shop I want to join. If the machine is a good one I will let you guys know - might be a cost effective way of tweaking out alignment !