jigga
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 X6 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ostrich View Post
This is a great write-up, thanks!

I contacted BMW Canada about the warranty, as I may be relocating to Canada and I want to know about the warranty situation if I bring up a BMW. They claim that the warranty will be void if I don't go through the BMW Canada dealers to have the instrument cluster and DRL changed out! Altogether that would cost CDN $2,500!!! Isn't that ridiculous?!

http://www.bmw.ca/ca/en/general/import/content.html

The BMW Canada webpage above actually did not specifically say that the warranty will be void but then the e-mail response I got from BMW Canada stated that:

1. The New Car Limited Warranty of 4 years, 80 000kms is honoured in Canada as long as you follow the BMW Import Process which can be found at www.BMW.ca/import .

2. The modifications for your vehicle can be obtained through one of our BMW Retailers in Canada if you speak to the Service Department

3. You will need a Recall Clearance Letter which can also be obtained through one of our BMW Retailers in Canada.
Quote:
Originally Posted by e90_guy View Post
I've a US e90 and there is no problem with warranty service. I had o2 sensor and fuel injector repair recently. The only thing you won't get is free maintenance services like oil change or brake flush.
That's what I had thought. I'm pretty sure the warranty is covered. The BMW Canada or the CDN dealerships may just give you a hard time beforehand because they want the business of you coming in and changing your cluster it seems, but I'm pretty sure the warranty should still be covered, but not the free services.
Appreciate 0