04-09-2010, 12:38 AM   #76
jigga
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 X6 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by virk007 View Post
yeah i read the thread, looks like you got through without having to change the cluster, but i read many posts that people had to change the cluster no matter what? Is there particular dealerships i should go to when i come back with my imported car? Do i still need a recall letter even if i don't want my warranty to transfer? I read another forum to by pass bmw fees, is it true?

1. Ask the seller to obtain the Warranty Vehicle Inquiry report from their BMW dealership in the US. This is a screen capture that also shows if any recalls are outstanding on the vehicle.

2. Submit this report to recall@riv.ca and have them review it and if okay, approve it.

3. Have the DRLs activated in the US! Folks, this is the one that gets most BMW importers. Most people are just happy to get the recall printout that they forget to ask for the DRL activation.

4. Take your vehicle to a Federal Inspection Center once you receive Form 2 from RIV and bypass BMW entirely.
you dont have to change the cluster. it's not the best pic, but here's a shot of my cluster. you will notice that the km is in small writing and miles are in big writing on the outside... i got used to it after a while.

1. exactly
2. correct
3. if you have iDrive, you can do it yourself. even if you don't, just do a search on the board or read the manual. it will tell you how to turn them on. remember, they only check this at the Federal Inspection Center (Canadian Tire)

Funny enough, I've had my car here since mid November and it hasnt seen a BMW dealer yet. I should take it in to one soon though.
Appreciate 0