United_States
Rep
Drives: M-Sport 128i, 328xi, 3.0CS

Garage List
2009 128i  [0.00]
1972 3.0CS  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by IveGotABadFeelin View Post
So I am still having trouble and thought I would post an update to share / seek advice.

I ended up getting a quote of $300 to update firmware at one local dealer so I called the other in my area and got a quote of $135 (which turned out to be $150 in actuality). I took my car to that dealer and they had it for about 2 hours. In that time they verified that all of my software was already up to date but had not yet been activated. Hmmm. Sounds a bit odd to me (I'm not sure how you update firmware on anything without activating it/using it) but I go with it in the hopes that it will work and I can buy an FSC code and be happy.
If you have the nav maps on the iDrive screen you should have a little window that shows the number of bars for your phone. If you push the iDrive controller down, does the window disappear and reappear if you push the idrive controller down again?

If so, you probably already have the updated CIC firmware. If not, you probably need the CIC firmware updated before you can do the USB update.