View Single Post
      03-21-2011, 11:51 AM   #6
bluefly
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 e90 335i + NB miata

@Leaker - interesting you have so much trouble getting the power down, even in the dry. I stand by my statement... I agree that the car could DEFINITELY benefit from an LSD but it is by no means undriveable even in its current open-diff state... especially at stock N55 power levels.

If you are squealing your tires at throttle tip-in, in the dry no less, I can't imagine how you are stomping the throttle. If you continue to insist it is the vehicle and not your driving style, well that is interesting too... let us know what the dealer finds... perhaps there is something amiss with your particular car after all.

Certainly, one thing is clear from your various posts, you are used to quattro power delivery and are unable/unwilling to alter your driving style for RWD. Which is unfortunate, because while quattro is better for many things, RWD has a whole lot to offer you in driving enjoyment too, but you need to drive each powertrain configuration differently... just as you would not drive a FWD car the same as either AWD or RWD.

(And please don't misunderstand me as a BMW-at-all-costs proponent... I am actually a huge VW/Audi/Porsche fan.)
Appreciate 0