10-23-2009, 02:37 AM   #174
blue2fire
Brigadier General
Cayman Islands
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital.James View Post
When the Zonda and Konesiegg came out they had less pedigree than Toyota. At least Toyota had the Supra... which is more performance than either of those two had. My point is those are two fantastic cars. And the orginal Zonda didnt shatter any performance records either, but is still an amazing car and my personal favorite at the momment. I think the Toyota is just not being given a fair shake, well just because its a Toyota. I remember the same shit back in 1990 when Honda announced the NSX.
I understand some of the points you strive to make but the Zonda C12 was absolutely faster than a Supra. The difference with Honda is that they understood what they needed to make the NSX do: More reliability, faster and a bit cheaper than the 348 (they succeeded in all of those, of course).

This LF-A costs nearly twice the 458 and is made of inferior components (single clutch gearbox that is said to be unresponsive to input? ). It's performance is also a subject of debate when looking at the initial reviews.

If it cost anywhere near the 458 and MP12, i would really not mind the badge. I love the Ford GT.

BMW CCA
Member #420568
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Murray View Post
Being a fan of Honda engines, I requested that they consider building for the F1 a 4.5 liter V10 or V12. I asked, I tried to persuade them, but in the end could not convince them to do it, and the McLaren F1 ended up with a BMW engine.
Appreciate 0