View Single Post
      01-29-2009, 02:09 PM   #1
PuNiShEr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Sedan

Engine Missfire....

Has been resolved!!! (For Now) Anyway, I've had a missfire issue with my car since May of last year! Typical comes and goes, but more intrestingly it would get worse during cold weather. Little did I realize, I was loosing power all this time. After driving a 335 seadan loaner for 28 days....It was like the loaner had a tune on it. My car has lost that much power. The past month or so here in Virginia we have had really cold weather....Lows in the 20s. Went to start the car the morning of Jan 2nd and it just took a shit. Finally gave up. Every light came on (SES / Engine Mal Func Lights) you name it. White smoke poured out the exhaust and it sounded like a diesel.

What was changed:

They found which is becoming the norm for the N54, carbon build up in and around the intake valves. / My fuel pump had also failed (My second HPFP in as many cars! ) / They replaced all six injectors / All six ignition coils / All six spark plugs / and a new valve cover which has a redesigned crank case breather system. The car was also updated to the latest and greatest programing.... 32.1.

Performance:

Runs like new again!!

Much props goes out to Mike, Terry, Bob, and Jesse at Casey BMW of Newport News Virginia for getting this right.

Last edited by PuNiShEr; 01-30-2009 at 02:14 AM..
Appreciate 0