05-29-2011, 09:25 AM   #22
DnA Diesel
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 09 335d Sport SGrey/Blk/Blk

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubVBenz View Post
Unfortunately, I will only buy diesel cars from here on out. I've owned a 300SD and a Bluetec, and if I can help it, I'm a diesel guy from here on out. If there were a 535d in the states , I'd be all over it.
Unfortunately, DubVBenz, you're witnessing the vitriolic anti-diesel hatred from E90post's resident troll. Once again, he completely ignores a poster's questions about diesel cars, having failed to understand that you clearly DO understand the differences in luxury and performance and are looking for experiences of diesel drivers, preferably who have driven both a W211 and E90 diesel. He'll thrash around a bit about how the magical 528i is what you really want, being completely blind to the fact that it isn't even on your radar.

Back on topic, I have only driven a friend's '06 E320 CDI, but would love to drive a tuned version. There is no doubt that the big Merc diesel would be a very very nice car to drive. Although I am a fan of the 335d, I would be remiss if I didn't ask if you had driven the E350 Blutec? I have, and while the new W212 is still higher on the luxury scale than the E90, it didn't quite seem as nice as the W211.

In the end, I don't think you could do wrong with either a 335d or an E350 BT.

Regards
D.