View Single Post
      03-11-2008, 07:56 PM   #17
SunnyBoo
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E90 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cleaner View Post
I don't care one way or the other, however the one thing a lease can't do is make you feel like an owner. The things that I like about buying is that it's mine to do what i want with, a lease is only a loaner.

You have to hold a car for the life of the loan to make buying worth it, otherwise a lease s the better choice. I buy every 4-5 years and have never been burned on resale, in fact I get top dollar for my used cars. Where I work 3 of my old cars still are parked in the employee lot. All sold for above the market value for a excellent example at the time, I also had several people in line to buy each of them.
+1..............My friend leases a GS350 and is always afraid to take it anywhere (overmileage, wear and tear, dings & scratches etc......)..........Whenever we go out, most of the time it's me or my other friends driving...........and that is THE reason I buy rather than lease my car because I don't want to feel like I borrowed someone's car..........It's painful to write a $15K check for the down payment ($475 pmt for 60mos), but the feeling that the car is mine more than make up for it............just my 2 cents...........
Appreciate 0