02-28-2006, 03:42 PM   #18
selm
Fight On!
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3some
Wrong, that is why a car has options, otherwise you would be paying
$60000 for a 330 fully loaded and I mean fully loaded. Options are there to suit your budget and taste. If you didn't det something it means you didn't buy it or you were on the limit of what you were prepared to spend or could afford. Dont blame BMW blame your Wallet!!
I hope my comment was not misinterpreted, (feeling negative vibes), I was just curious as to BMWs motivation. I don't really care if the clown nose blinks or not. I have gotten used to it not blinking and don't think my car is less safe than if it did blink. I agree with your comment about the necessity of options to individualize your car, but I think your "blame your wallet" comment was out of line.

I also think your 60k 330i analogy is incorrect. Price is not indicative of cost. There are very few products that are sold with a cost+ model in consumer markets. Price is determined by the market, not cost accountants. Does an Australian E90 cost more than an American E90 because of the cost of the product? No, its because of what the markets will bear. Wonder why the E60 comfort access is twice that of the E90s? Again, the market. Like any product, BMW has determined a price that maximizes profit and volume.
Appreciate 0