No_curebimmer
~Spyder
Sweden
Rep
Drives: '19 M2C Hockenheim 6sp

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jz
Just to clarify, if I wanted to add vibrant resonators on a stock exhaust setup, I would use the 1790 ones instead of the 1792 correct?

http://www.amazon.com/Vibrant-1790-B...tyle+Resonator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cn555ic View Post
I just installed some AR catless DPs two weeks ago, and I have the CP-e exhaust system already installed for a while....It sounds great but there is an occasional rasp at low rpms since I have a AT..The occasional rasp note is only apparent when I am in D mode and not DS mode....The rasp is not bad, but I want to see if I can get rid of it all together and make it perfect...I asked a couple of forum members and they told me to add some resonators to the exhaust and that should reduce the raspyness, so I ordered a pair of Vibrant Performance model #1792 resonators measuring 12 inch by 3.5 in diameter from StreetSideAuto.com and they arrived today...Two pairs of these resonators cost me 95 bucks shipped...The resonators looks to be good quality and the welds are really nice and they are made in China...My exhaust shop is closed until Monday, so I will have installed next week....I am going to install them in the midpipes section where there is a straight section where I can cut and weld these suckers into place...Here are some pics of the resonator..
JZ: there should be no performance difference between the two except 2.5" (1792) vs 2.25" (1790) in/outlet diameters. For 1792 you'd need couplers to match the stock 2.25" mid-pipes diameter...so more welding and shop work! My vote is 1790...

Sidebar: now that I have had my kittyless c-PE DPs on for a while, I'm loving the sound (especially the pops & gurgles which are due to unburnt fuel). The only cons are, just like the OP said, waking up the neighbors in the morning (crazy loud starts) and the dreaded rasp.

Question: we know from the OP's testimony that installing Vibrant will completely kill the rasp and loud starts, but will it also tame the 'normal driving' sounds? My car sounds mean, till I get to 5k when it gets Civic like...essentially returning the car to stock sound?