View Single Post
      10-20-2010, 09:08 PM   #77
hdrewh
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '09 E90

gr8899, did you get your problems sorted? I'm close to ordering the kid and buttons myself for my '09 E90.

Thanks,
Howard

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8899 View Post
Dang...

Thanks for checking Mallard.

knappy75, Good stuff. Let me/us know how it goes, as the guide is the same for E87 and E90. Also it's the same electrical in these cars. As far as my experience with this goes I would say the biggest problem by installing this kit is releasing the fuse box from behind the glove box. It's insanely hard to get to the four Torx T15 screws. I'm not sure if this is the same on E90, but I was recommended by a BMW mechanic to buy the longest T15 screw driver I could find and only use two of the four screws to fasten it again afterwards. I've had it out two times (detachable tow bar with OEM wiring) and now the seat heating, it's been PAIN both times around. As I bought seats with heating I have no clue about the installation of the heating grids.

My big issues now though:

1. Guide says C6 (passenger seat) RT/BR 4.0mm2 To fuse holder (SW 6-pin plug) X11004 Pin 6. However pin 6 is already taken. And also when checking the fuse diagram fitted in the car, the X11004 doesn't have anything to do with seat heating at all, and as far as I can see, neither does the X11005 which the drivers seat RT/BR (power supply) connects to. The connector which DOES have seat heating marked is the one besides these two. Anyone have a scan/picture of a fuse diagram to compare with mine?
My mad mechanical engineer electrical skills logic tells me that there's a big chance the power supply (RT/BR) to both seats are supposed to go where the seat heating fuses would be...

2. I have major problems plugging the small BL/VI and BL/WS cables into the 47-pin junction box connector. I just can't get them to go all the way in and sit how they should.

2009 E90 328i Montego Blue, Black Leather, 6MT, ZPP, Logic 7, HD radio, CA, fold-down seats, PDC. ED pickup 6/12/2009
mods: Koni FSDs, Eibach Pro's, Sport/Heated Seats, BMW Perf. short shifter, M-tech shift knob/e-brake handle/steering wheel, split armrest, black grilles, 50% tint, 3M clear bra.
Appreciate 0