View Single Post
      10-07-2009, 10:43 AM   #61
crazed792
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2007 328i

Garage List
2007 328i  [0.00]
I find that some things that people want changed I DON'T want. That's how it always goes though.

Examples:

Dedicated buttons for... everything: My Infiniti had that. I far prefer the simplicity of the BMW design and very rarely do most people need to adjust gauge brightness and such stuff.

Cruise control. I love the cruise control controls. It took me a bit to get used to, but now I prefer them over any car I've had. Please BMW, don't change them too much if it all.

Interior design: Again, I love the simplicity. I wish it maybe were a bit more driver oriented, but it's pretty nice already.

Making all options standard. That's just going to raise the base price and force people into things that many of them may not want.

The dash item positioning. If you have the steering wheel and seat height at a good position this is fine. For me it's perfect since it works just right with the seat height all the way down and a little leaned back.

And lastly, I don't think anyone suggested it, but PLEASE don't drop the NA 6. If my options change to a Turbo 4/ Turbo 6, I'll have to rethink my next vehicle. Especially if the major issues currently outstanding are still there.

Things I'd change (mostly a list of things that already exist:

Unlock door method (two pulls)

Leg extensions on the standard seats

vented seats/coolers and not just heat

Paint quality does seem a bit low/prone to chipping

Upgrade both base and logic-7 stereo systems. The base is horrible, and Logic-7 sounds like the it should be the base in a car this nice.

Polarization on non idrive

Full 3 zone climate option (might not be worth it with the size of the back seat?)

Brake squeal/dusting. I know some people are against ceramics, but there are some good brands out there and with OEM rotors they should be much quieter and give similar performance to stock minus fading if you don't know how to drive down a long canyon.

Maybe add an option for HUD.