View Single Post
      02-26-2013, 11:00 AM   #57
sives
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Saving to get a e46 m3 ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subzero2003 View Post
Because he's got no appreciative driving experience. Zero. Sure maybe he's even poked around town for a bit in his mums Fiesta, but nothing on the level of a 306bhp RWD BMW. Maybe he doesn't even have that level of experience. OP, when did you pass your driving test?

It isn't all about his age. It's about experience and skill. Most car enthusiasts work their way up the car ladder, which means their experience level goes up as the power of the car they are driving increases. Having 300hp to the rear wheels requires a certain level of skill and car control when you use this power. And trust me, anyone who buys a 335i is planning on using the power. The insurance company seem to agree with my point of view that it isn't a good idea too from the fact they want him to pay nearly £2000 for his premium AND a £3000 excess. It just simply isn't worth it. The sensible thing to do was to buy a low priced car, with a bit of power (think 150-200bhp) and have that for a couple of years, then when the insurance has dropped to non mental prices AND you know what driving a quick car is like, then buy a 335i.
Sorry op for jacking your thread.

The comment about starting from a small car like 1.0-1.4 litre car.

Is the best idea he can do. Then he should get a car with a little bit more power like a 2 litre.

Thats what i have done. Paying like 500 pounds for a 2 litre e46.

But Subzero2003, the bit about a car at 150- 200 bhp.

It those not make a difference.

I am saying this as i am getting quote like the OP for a e46 m3 (1800 and 3000 excess).

I have like 6 years of driving and even tho i have had like 3 accidents.

I have learnt a lot from them like the last one where i wrote off the 206 due to some idiot hitting me from the back at a corner of a road, also mud on the road and nearly ending up rolling down a hill. very bad experience. twat just drove off and left me there. I learnt how to control the car when it went sideways luckily missing a wall.

drive like 13000 miles a year, up and down the m1 too.

i have been told that the reason why its high, is similar to what you have said to the OP.

Of having no experience with a rwd high performance car.

But as i have driven a rwd for like 4 years, it should have been cheaper. dont understand the system tho.
Appreciate 0