Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 14' GMC Terrain SLT-2

Garage List
007 335i E92  [7.66]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerpEvo View Post
So I couldn't find any troubleshooting for this anywhere online. Gave a call to cobb, and after waiting 20 min was kicked to voicemail and left one. Had my hopes up that I'd get in before their 6pm closing time. Guess not.

My problem: Just got a new cobb V3 ap. Never had a tune or anything else ever installed on the car. Plugged my OBD2 in, connected to AP turned car to ON and nothing. Cobb/Screen won't turn on. No beep or screen change. Then brought the AP inside and hooked it up with the USB to the computer. Let it sit for a while thinking it needed to charge. Still no screen action. Downloaded AP Manager. It detects the unit and ID's the serial number just fine. Screen still won't turn on.

Anyone ever had a problem like this? I can't think of anything to remedy it. Thanks.
Well with the v3 I would think its too early to tell. Be sure to inspect your OBDII pins and COBB pins. Make sure none are bent or broken. But based on the screen not turning on with the USB, I may say you have a faulty unit.

i know once you plug in the COBB to the OBDII it should turn on at least. Find Josh on this forum and send him a PM or try COBB's forum. post back with results.

SOLD:: PTF Pro eTune by Dzenno / COBB S1+ E50
Alpina B3 Flash / ETS FMIC / ER CP / CPE DCI
Appreciate 0