United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 E90 335i, 05 E46 330i

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
2005 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treppiede View Post
You mean bshspeedshop.com? Is there a thread with more details about this upcoming intake?

Thanks,

-Walter
I have no opinion on the injen. I'd assume it works just like the other DCI's however I think I remember compatibility/fitment issues with the injen and other mods like the ER intake manifold or other things. Maybe I'm getting that confused. It looks nice but I have no comment about it since I have no experience with the mod myself.

BSHspeedshop yes, there are currently no details but there will be in a few weeks. But judging off what they have done before, they do quality work and they tell me there is an error in the design of the STETT CAI that they will be rectifying. Something to do with the fact that you've got two turbos sucking from one intake cone. Turbos don't take in air exactly the same, linearly, so they need to operate separately otherwise you're inducing a type of restriction. They're also not fans of the HAI(Hot Air Intake) which is what DCI's are also referred as since you're taking in hot air right off the motor. The stock intake at least takes air from outside. You just need to determine if the flow restriction removal is worth taking in higher IAT's. I won't elaborate I'll let them do that when the time is right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpsimon View Post
oh so you've done back to back dyno testing yourself to show the dinan intake making 30+hp over stock vs. a dual cone intake over stock? i'd love to see that data..
Exactly... Super Street stickers give 10hp at the 'top end'.
Appreciate 0