01-17-2011, 01:14 PM   #7
Juan.sidarta
Banned
Indonesia
Rep
Drives: ex-e92

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDeFranco1 View Post
If they find it while deliberately doing service related work related DIRECTLY to the ECU, AND they can prove damage was incurred by said tune, then yes, your warranty is voided, JUST on the parts directly related to that portion of your warranty. In theory ANYTHING you do to your car that isn't OEM approved, right down to your lights, a dealer reserves the right to void the warranty, but again, ONLY on that specific part of your warranty. Anyone else wanna chime in?
Except for Exterior. Since there is no warranty with exterior to begin with, there is no warranty or issue with body kits

I was told by BMW of Monrovia like above, that you might lose the warranty of that section if found any problems. But I know you'd lose your warranty if you have meth in your car instantly even if you had no problems with your car. If I were you, I'd be safe and take off cold air intakes when bringing to dealers, as they could take the warranty off your engine. Which is the whole point of your warranty, the engine
Appreciate 0