Three_thirty_I
Lieutenant Colonel
South Africa
Rep
Drives: '05 E90 330i Manual

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surly73 View Post
No I haven't done this. This will start the coolant bleeding process too (at the 10-12 second mark), right?

I was going to try to get my German in order and see if INPA or DIS could be used to clear various adaptations and know that they're all definitely done (as opposed to wonder if a "user" procedure worked or not). Some of my INPA is in English and other parts are die hard German regardless of settings. Maybe there's some kind of process I could use to get more English in there - don't know - still learning.

As I'm writing this, I'm wondering if I didn't read somewhere that this was a transmission adaptation reset and not throttle. This was your 6MT you tried this on, right?
I've heard about the coolant bleeding process, but didn't notice anything else happening when I did this, so not sure. If only there could be a way to disable adaptations, period!

Well, there is plenty of conflicting info on this, so read through as many of the threads and replies that deal with this to find the general consensus, especially for manual gearbox cars...

Appreciate 0