View Single Post
      11-26-2007, 09:43 PM   #10
WOPALX
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: 335i Sedan

I have the race, rear section only on my sedan.

Being all the way here in Aus I did not have the ability to listen to the sounds in person, and IMHO the videos' of people driving past are okay but I'd rather have a video from inside the car under cruise and WOT as that is where you tend to hear it.

Now the vendor indicated to me that the order of 'noise' was Sport (quietest), Race (medium loud) and Meisterschaft (loudest). Subsequently I am now aware that the race is the loudest .... bugger as I wanted something louder than stock but not excessive!!

Installation went well after a screw up with vendor and overseas shipment and when I first heard it from outside of the car (the installer delivered the car back to me) it sounded awesome. Inside it was 'damn loud' under WOT.

It has since matured (2000 km) and the noise level has evened out & still is getting better over time. There is drone between 2200 & 2800 RPM but it's not unbearable. It is vastly different from stock though. Sounds awesome with the windows down & turns heads if you go WOT around people on the street.

Fuel economy has improved, maybe a function of better breathing but probably also a bit less throttle since you don't need to push it so hard to get a decent sound.

No dyno yet, want to wait until my V2 arrives.

I have the 2x102mm tips, I am going to look at changing these to something more stock (or maybe even using my stock tips) as I find the car isn't such a sleeper now & every other WRX or STI with 25 inch drain pipes installed is wanting to have a run.

Just my 2c worth.
Appreciate 0