View Single Post
      11-14-2013, 10:02 AM   #5
335e92tx
ahat
Rep
Drives: Was '07-335e92 - Now '13-335IS

Yeah, I guess I am just coming up to speed on this now. The car is a steptrans but was built in 10/2006 so it didn't have an OC originally but the local dealer put one on after I complained about oil temps. So, I guess I kind of shot myself in the foot on that deal.

However, anyway you slice it OC or not - and even n54 or n52, it seems this is the same basic design on both motors with a very thin gasket separating the two passages.. Thats just brain dead.

Any engine that is potentially a single piece of material away from a failure/complete replacement if the two fluids combine should not be considered well designed and in no way should make it to list of ward's best engines for the year (let alone several years).

The local dealer implied they haven't seen these up to this point and they initially thought it was a head gasket. I told them not only have there been a number of gasket failures in the last year (for both motors) but I also said that someone went to the trouble of writing up DIYs for them.. if that doesn't make it clear to them this is asinine I don't know what will.

'13 335IS N54 (1 of 373 LeMans Blue out of 3597 total production e92)- Grey interior (1 of 24 in LMB with any trans- 1 of 14 with DCT)-MODS -MFactory LSD/MHD-BQ custom Tune/ATM-IC/AFE Momentum GT Intake/Konis/Mfront&HeimJoint Rear rods&arms/Brembos.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/Lo6aHZRo7XqtPkhL8
Appreciate 0