View Single Post
      02-07-2013, 05:14 PM   #17
Ænema
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by n54door View Post
Overboosting is an inhearant issue with the DME when using a performance flashed tune, such as Cobb. And, the reason why people are using piggybacks as a method to counter the DME logic from exceeding the intended boost target due to the DME's design to acheive load target.

IMO - Cobb is not a good choice by itself when running any aggressive tunes to allow for larger turbos, higher octain/meth.

It would be great to see a workaround, but my feeling is it is simply not possible to counter the DME login in flash tune.

Flash tunes by themselves seem far too dangerous in the summer when the DME wants to overboost to hit load target.
I have zero issues dialing in any boost curve I want. On my most aggressive meth map I run ~18.5psi tapering to ~13psi but I am ALSO am running a higher than factory timing curve(something piggys can't do.)

There are no workarounds going on here. It is actual DME logic you use to "target" boost through load. I would rather use a tuning software that incorporates fueling, timing, boost, VANOS etc... than rely on sensor biasing to hit targets(usually not when running the PROcede if were talking fueling.)

The truth is that the same old sang and dance routine certain tuners have been doing is, in fact, bullshit.