06-18-2012, 06:55 PM   #81
mbferrari
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 F30 330i Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MWhy View Post
I have to say I absolutely hate the Nav system in my 2012 335is. Maybe I havent figured it out yet, but I find it's just so hard to input destinations. The wheel character selector is so non-intuitive. Wish they'd have gone with a qwerty and used the tilt knob to move about.

The guidance itself is not very good IMHO. It does not seem to indicate the street name of the next turn, only that you have to turn soon.

Searching for POIs takes forever.

My 03 Acura MDX has a ten year old touchscreen Nav that's a hundred times better. And even my old Android phone had a Nav app that was way better.

All that said, I am happy I got the system, if only for the iDrive and how it handles audio, mobile phone, etc. I will probably rely on my iPhone for Nav tho.
I have to agree that the NAV system is not intuitive, but I wonder if that is just because I am over 40 and didn't grow up with this stuff...in any case it is growing on me, but I still need someone in the DC area with I-drive to PM me and teach me all the tricks on this thing since I bought mine in GA.

One of the salesmen at BMW of Fairfax was really cool and helped me set up a few things two days ago, but I still need help.

Signed,
Slow iDrive learner - LMAO!
Appreciate 0