View Single Post
      04-23-2012, 04:02 PM   #58
Titan9
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: e39 and e60 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by n54door View Post
resurrecting this thread for good reason..

FYI - Get this done if you have over 45k on the odo.

Read about it if you're unclear as to what this is all about and why its essential if you want your n54 to perform optimally.

So in my search to find out who is going to do this for me, I called Classic BMW in Plano to see how much they would charge to walnut blast my intake. Long story short, its VERY CLEAR to me they are over charging the masses to pay for that nice new building they have. They wanted $1300+ to do it. I gasped.. 'are you sure this is what you charge and you understand what the procedure is?' he said yes, I said good bye!

A bit discouraged, I call BMW of Dallas on Lemmon Ave. I spoke to Peter, who was pretty helpful, and he said they would do it for $576. I was shocked!

This is the cheapest I have ever heard for this service, so I asked him to explain what it is to make sure we were both talking about the same thing and he described it exactly.. (take the intake off, blast the valves will walnut shell media, etc).

Guys, this is the best deal in town so far... Just thought I'd let you all know!

Did you ever go to BMW of Dallas to have the valves cleaned? Did you pay 576? I missed TK last week or I would have had him do it.
Appreciate 0