View Single Post
      08-25-2013, 07:01 AM   #26
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i - Coupe

Two excellent phones. What non-phone call things do you do most with your phone now? What have you ever wanted to do that you couldn't? Those should be your criteria for deciding. If the two are equal on that measure, I'd say go with the IP5 only because transition will be easier.

If you want something new just to have something new, the Nokia Lumia 920 or newer phone is great, provided the apps you want are available for Windows phones. Here in the US, the Lumia is a bargain to buy. I use one right now. I'm very pleased with it. It has every app I want to use on a phone, so I don't care that there are more available for iPhones and Androids.

BTW, have you checked into when the IP6 will be available in your area? It could be worth it to just hang on to your IP4 and decide later. I'll be honest and say your OP read like you don't really want a new phone, even though you say you do. You don't have to fix something that's not broken.

All the best and good luck.

Cheers,
Tony

Quote:
Originally Posted by mowflow View Post
From a users perspective the android platform is just so much more customisable. ....
It is. For myself, I would just as soon have a turnkey device that is intuitive to use even if I don't muck around with it. I'm sure there's wonderful stuff one can do to customize the user interface. I'm just saying I know myself well enough to know I wouldn't likely do it. The OP might, however.

I didn't know that about Androids, but absent knowing specific examples of things you or someone else did to customize the phone to provide this or that benefit, I would have a hard time, as a non-Android savvy guy, having the first idea of WTH I might customize. Accordingly, the customizability in and of itself is hardly a compelling reason to buy an Android.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'07, e92 335i, Sparkling Graphite, Coral Leather, Aluminum, 6-speed
Appreciate 0