View Single Post
      03-08-2010, 02:39 PM   #85
dcorn
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 335i

I hate hearing these stories. I just don't understand how these fools have no regard for another person's property. I could understand if you were a dick to them when you dropped it off, but not just for every car they drive. I would have loved to be a valet when I was younger, but never had the opportunity in such a small town.

My issues with valets:

Family took a trip to New England when I was 12 or so. In Boston we splurged and stayed at the Omni Parker House hotel. Parking was impossible so we got our Explorer valeted. As we go to leave, we give them the ticket to get the car. 30 minutes later, no car. After 45 minutes, we go and ask where the hell the car is. Their reply is "they are vacuuming up the glass, it'll be here soon". Wait, what? So the car was broken into while sitting in the garage over the weekend. Broke a back side window and stole a TV, my CD player/bookbag, and some other little stuff. Had to drive home from Boston to MD with no back window in 50* weather. The hotel took no responsibility because they didn't own the garage that they had parked the car in. The garage told us they weren't responsible for our car's security. Pretty much just everyone pointing fingers at everyone else. I think it was worse that they pretty much ruined a crime scene and tried to cover stuff up by vacuuming the car without telling us first.

A few months ago, me and the GF were going out in DC around DuPont. Walking down a side street, I see a Supercharged Range Rover come flying by, turn down an alley, and go full throttle down the alley. Get to the main road and the same RR flies up and slams on the brakes at the corner in front of us. Valet was driving.

Seems 90% of them are just horrible people in general. I would NEVER valet my Cobra, wouldn't even think about it. I hardly let my friends drive it and I know they can drive. In fact, I'd bet money my car would get wrecked if I ever valeted it, just based on how easy it is to fry the tires in 1-3 gear. I did valet my Jeep once, but I wouldn't have been able to tell the damage they caused compared to the rock rash it already has lol.
Appreciate 0