View Single Post
      01-05-2012, 02:15 PM   #204
phillyfan
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 08 335i 6AT

To anyone who questions what arguru wants or doubts his motives are for this:

First, I do not represent or know arguru. But I have followed this from the get go, and I want to point out very clearly, arguru brought this to the forum looking for help on his issue and relate his rather scary experience. At no time was he looking for this to become some public spectacle. And, in my opinion, he showed a lot of restraint in keeping this issue to this forum with how he was being treated by "his" dealership and by BMWNA. He even respected their wishes to "take a breather" during the holidays.

Now, the holidays end, and the same ole, same ole is occurring. Let me stress this for everyone reading this as I believe some are missing this, THIS COULD BE A SAFETY ISSUE ON ANY 3 SERIES! It' still not clear to me that this is just because of active steering. arguru, if you understand at this point why this occurred, and you are comfortable this is an event that realistically is 1 in a million and you were the unlucky one, I'd like to hear the believed cause from your point of view.

So, if I were arguru, at this point, since I've been put through so much to get my car fixed, I'd want all the faults resolved by a mechanic, a full write up on the cause of each fault, and the fix that was made to clear each fault. I'd then want the wheels fixed/replaced, and then I'd want a public apology from the GM of the dealership in question.

And finally, if I were BMWNA, I'd make it darn clear the causes of arguru losing his steering at highway speeds and why the rest of the 3 series owners out there should or should not be concerned about this problem moving forward. What caused it, who is affected, etc. Until then, if I were arguru, I wouldn't be happy with the end result.
Appreciate 0