Modder Raider
Scotland
Rep
Drives: M3

Garage List
2007 e90 335i  [8.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMdblU View Post
You can't be serious. My rears wore quick and cupped badly. The sidewall is as soft as warm butter and flexes all over the place during any kind of hard cornering. They can't hold a line and make an otherwise tight car feel sloppy. I am so surprised by the popularity of this tire choice by members who are 'enthusiasts' (not referring to you specifically). If you have any kind of aftermarket suspension, you are wasting it with Generals. You get what you pay for.. just my 2cents.
I actually understand your frustrations since my friend was feeling the same as you.
This is the way I feel...I don't give a crap about how well they corner because these tires are specificaly for my daily driver.

I purchased these tires since it was inexpensive and it provided exactly what I was looking for. My rear tires went a good 23k freeway miles before I needed to change them.
But, that's the thing...I drive around 100 miles a day on the freeway and I need a good tire for when my 12 second car decides to drive my family around.

IMO, if you are a real enthusiast, then you would have a set of track tires for the track and these tires for the street.
Because, let's face it, I'm not cornering at 60mph on the street since I like to hold on to my licence.

Best 60-130-------------9.15 Seconds------------------WWW.MR5RACING.COM
Appreciate 0