View Single Post
      08-20-2012, 04:42 PM   #4169
deezofchuck
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: OVER SLOW LEFT LANE DRIVERS!

Actually, I read the entire thread almost in its entirety - but I asked a SPECIFIC person a very SPECIFIC question because he is using a macbook with parallels which would lead to issues that is not as commonly discussed. I am not a new member that doesn't know how to research an item before asking a question.

I already did all the steps you described so instead of taking all that time to tell me to search you could have left me something useful to read.

You sir also add to the "thread redundancy" by saying worthless things such as your quoted comment. Had I asked the thread NOT an individual something like - how do I get started or what cable do I buy or how do I download software, etc..maybe your comment would have been warranted.

you are actually worse than those people who go around asking noob questions because you didn't even READ my question. You jumped at the chance of telling something to "READ THE DAMN THREAD YOU MORON."

basically - you are a douchebag trying to lace a douchebag comment with smiley faces and "nice" connotation.

</rant>

Quote:
Originally Posted by jphughan View Post
Please, PLEASE . It's been explained many, many times even in this very thread that the likely causes of that are:

1. Using an old driver for the cable, in which case case update it.
2. Forgetting to set the Latency setting to 1 rather than its default 16, in which case change it (if you don't have that setting, you're using the old driver).
3. Using a cable from a vendor other than the one recommended here, suggesting that either the cable is shoddy or you have Pin 8 still active (the Pin 8 debacle has been discussed several times as well).

I understand that this thread is very long and it's no longer practical to tell people to read all of it, but a major reason it's this long is because the same questions are asked repeatedly. Please do your part to reduce thread redundancy.