View Single Post
      08-27-2012, 04:22 AM   #4179
toicy4ya
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 06 BMW 330XI

Stuck on FSW PSW.MAN, What Am I Doing Wrong?

Sup Guys,

Following the NCS_DIY which has been going good. However, i'm stuck on FSW PSW.MAN. The NCS_DIY state the following;

52. Load NCS >File>load profile “FSW PSW MAN”
53. F1>F3>select your chassis>select “CAS”
54. Press F6 for back
55. Press F4 to select a specific module “process ecu” then you get a list of all modules on your car will and may be different.
57. Select “CAS” then select “READ ECU” this is going to create another FSW_PSW.TRC file but only with the values on for the module we select.
58. Select “READ ECU” this will read all the values from the specific module and place ten in the file stated above. You will get a screen like this. You can close it.

60. Leave ncs open and head to the “work” folder.
61. Open the FSW_PSW.TRC file with notepad
62. File>save as FSW_PSW.MAN (be sure to select “save as type” to all files so that it will accept our “.MAN” extension. If you fail to do so it will just save it as a text file .TXT
63. The “FSW PSW MAN” profile that we used is going to use this “FSW_PSW.MAN” file this is where we are going to make any changes and then NCS will write this to ECU.
64. Open the file we just saved with notepad will look like this.

This is where I believe the error comes in. My FSW_PSW.MAN file looks like this

Additionally my FSW_PSW.TRC file looks like this. The list is short and it doesn’t have the “BC_DIGITAL_V” file?

The FSW_PSW.TRC was only 7kb but the one that I had backed up following the instructions was 220kb. So I deleted the 7kb and replaced it with the 220kb file (which had in it the BC_Digital_V). Then I opened it using notepad and saved it as FSW_PSW.MAN and attempted to code the car using this file. Someone mentioned that i could have potentially bricked my car, how can i confirm if my car is indeed "bricked"?

Can someone offer some assistance?

Last edited by toicy4ya; 08-27-2012 at 06:09 AM..
Appreciate 0