11-05-2008, 12:04 AM   #1
OpenFlash
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Lot

Garage List
Exclamation v3.1 11-4-08 Beta maps and firmware

Hi guys,

For those who want to be right on the bleeding edge of technology , the new v3.1 beta maps (11-4) are ready to go! They are posted in this post on our forum. This download will include new maps, a new firmware file and a Read Me document. Please read it. Also, please note that you will need to update to the new firmware file (pro01v03beta42) in order to run these new beta maps. Do Not run these new maps with your current or any earlier firmware. Once again, you MUST use this new firmware file with these new maps.

Here are the main changes from the previous beta maps (v3.1 10-17):

-Revised IAT/boost compensations
Now better suited for those car with upgraded intercoolers,

-Revised IAT/Ignition advance compensations
Once again, now better suited for those cars with upgraded intercoolers.

-Revised Lagfix map with Wastegate Rattle Reduction NEW!
This map works a bit differently from the previous lagfix map in that it doesn’t matter what software version you have in your car. Doesn’t matter if its pre-29.2 or post-29.2. All customers are encouraged to try it. Even those who do not have the lag problem should experience improved boost response as well as other drivability benefits. The default User Adjustable settings have this new lagfix feature enabled. If, for some reason you choose to turn this feature off, you can do so in the User Adjustable page.
We also incorporated changes to the wastegate control logic though should dramatically reduce or even eliminate wastegate rattle. This feature works during off-boost conditions (cruise and deccel) by reducing extraneous wastegate motion. Again, this is a beta feature so we welcome your feedback. If, for some reason, you find that this feature does not work to your liking, you can disabled it by just turning OFF the Lagfix feature in the User Adjustable page. But this is unlikely.

-Throttle Response Map1/Map2 NEW!
In the new 11-4 beta maps, we’ve set Map2 to have a “sharper” throttle response than Map1. Other than that, Map1 and Map2 are identical in every other way (boost levels, timing adjustments, fueling, etc,.) This Throttle Response adjustment is made internally. It is not yet a user adjustable parameter just yet. It will be soon. So feel free to play around with the other user adjustable parameters to further customize your maps. But you might want to make your adjustments knowing that Map2 is the map with the sharper throttle response.

-HP Fuel Pump Nanny NEW!
We’ve revised the fuel pressure control system to incorporate a few active safeguards against fuel pressure fluctuations caused by failing/intermittent high pressure fuel pumps. One of them being a “watchdog” that constantly monitors fuel pressure during on-boost conditions and induces a valet mode if the expected fuel pressure isn’t achieved for a period of time longer than 0.1 seconds. This should guard against possible engine damaged caused by pump failure induced lean-run. Please note that we set the trigger thresholds high enough to provide safety but low enough to prevent false triggering. But these are beta maps so there is always a chance, albeit small, that you may false trigger this safety measure. If this is the case, please email me directly at shiv@vishnutuning.com. I can provide new maps with adjust trigger thresholds. But having run these maps in a few cars during the last several days, I don’t think this will be necessary.

-Diagnostic Trouble Code Display NEW!
Currently, there are 3 active safety features that will trigger a low boost valet mode when tripped (overboost, max wastegate DC and inadequate fuel pressure). Now it is possible to determine what safety system triggered by valet mode by looking at Debug Word 7 in the datalogging parameter window. At any given time, it will show one of the following PROcede Trouble codes:

0 = No PROcede trouble codes present
1 = TBA
2 = Boost exceeded User Defined Boost limit
3 = Wastegate DC exceeded User Defined Wgate limit
4 = Insufficient fuel pressure

At this time, these displayed PROcede codes aren’t persistent. In other words, they will automatically clear when you turn off your car. So in the unlikely occurrence of a trouble code, you will need to keep the car running until you read the code with your laptop. Eventually, we’ll make this code persistent. But for now, it’s not. Also, in order to read Debug Word 7 properly, you will need to select and adjust its data properties. To do this, go to the “Data Logging” menu, Select “Channel Set-up”, scroll down to find “Debug Word 7” in the left column, select it and move it over to the right column, select it again and click on “Data Properties” Set Raw Min/Max to 0/255. And set Conv Min/Max to 0/255. That’s it. This parameter will now be viewable in your main screen.

-User Adjustables
No changes here. Same caveats apply. Default User Torque is set to 80% on both maps. Those v29.2 and newer folks who cherish diagnostic invisibility should leave User Torque alone for now. Those who don’t care about that can raise the values. On 91-94oct, don’t go above 85%. Of course, these are all US R+M/2. Those overseas running 98oct are actually running ~93oct when following this rating standard. Running too high of a User Torque value with too low of octane can result in misfire, a reduction in power and, when really bad, even limp modes. So please follow these suggestions. Bigger User Torque numbers do not equal more power. Especially on the dyno when cooling and airflow is compromised.

As always, please contact me directly at shiv@vishnutuning.com if you have any issues whatsoever. Heck, feel free to email me if you have no issues. These are beta maps with beta features so the more direct feedback I get (via email), the quicker we can make these maps non-beta and move on to the next round of updates!

I’ll be happy to answer questions on this forum. But let’s please keep troubleshooting issues off-line and via email.

Cheers,
Shiv

PS. Next up: More cool stuff

Last edited by OpenFlash; 11-06-2008 at 10:00 AM..
Appreciate 0