View Single Post
      03-23-2011, 07:25 PM   #14
e92sport
Captain
Rep
Drives: black e92 sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu View Post
Without seeing the actual dyno graph, I'm willing to bet that your car went into valet mode in the middle of a run. This is the one issue with running a boost setting that is equal to your max boost setting. If boost exceeds the max boost setting by 1psi for longer than 1 second, the Procede will go into valet mode. And on the dyno, when you lug it from a low RPM, in a high gear, just this can happen. You can get around this by increasing the boost delay user adjustable value or by increasing the max boost value.

The other problem your dyno operator had was that he didn't know not to press past the throttle kick-down switch. When he did this, the car would downshift. This is why he thought your transmission was slipping. Once I explained this to him, that issue was solved.

I'm actually on a dyno right now as I type this. I'll be writing up a "How To Dyno Your N55/N54" tutorial just to avoid these issues in the future.

BTW, our n55 with our DP and home-brew 3" exhaust is putting down:

353whp/425lbft at 15psi
342whp/380lbft at 12psi

Pretty easy formula and will be explained later tonight...
Cheers,
Shiv
Damn that torque is insane!!! What is your exhaust set up like? I'm in the market right now for making a custom 3" exhaust