First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 11 335i E90 M-Sport

Garage List
2011 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by qubansailor View Post
Speaking of M355, just got them put on yesterday.

Nice indeed. Wish we had weather warm enough that I could put mines back on. I swapped my 189's back on when it threaten to snow a few weeks ago , not that they would have made that much difference, but I didn't to get caught with summer tires on and have to get out on crappy roads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by import36 View Post
steelersfan.......are you able to turn off the TPMS function via coding? the next set of aftermarket wheels i get will not have the sensors installed...and would like to not have to ride around with the amber light on the dash. i read it can be coded out...its an on/off type of thing. is this something you'd be willing to do/try?
It can be coded out, although it's not as simple as changing the functionality to "not active" or "nicht_aktiv" in German. Although I have never tried it, I've read it involves removing TPMS functionality parameter from your V.O. (Vehicle Order), which is the German's way of defining what features your vehicle have. I believe you also have to remove the fuse for TPMS. As far as if I would be willing to do or try it, that's totally left up to you. I have not attempted that coding before, and as I mentioned before I don't necessarily like to code (practice) on other people's ride's stuff I haven't successfully coded on my own ride first, but "TPMS Disable" isn't something I'm looking to do myself, so I guess someone has to be the "guinea pig". If you don't mind me asking, why aren't you doing TPMS sensors?

Last edited by steelersfan; 03-06-2013 at 08:30 PM..
Appreciate 0