03-07-2013, 10:54 AM   #1029
import36
Burrito bowl connoisseur
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 Nissan GTR Black Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelersfan View Post
Nice indeed. Wish we had weather warm enough that I could put mines back on. I swapped my 189's back on when it threaten to snow a few weeks ago , not that they would have made that much difference, but I didn't to get caught with summer tires on and have to get out on crappy roads.

It can be coded out, although it's not as simple as changing the functionality to "not active" or "nicht_aktiv" in German. Although I have never tried it, I've read it involves removing TPMS functionality parameter from your V.O. (Vehicle Order), which is the German's way of defining what features your vehicle have. I believe you also have to remove the fuse for TPMS. As far as if I would be willing to do or try it, that's totally left up to you. I have not attempted that coding before, and as I mentioned before I don't necessarily like to code (practice) on other people's ride's stuff I haven't successfully coded on my own ride first, but "TPMS Disable" isn't something I'm looking to do myself, so I guess someone has to be the "guinea pig". If you don't mind me asking, why aren't you doing TPMS sensors?
thanks steelersfan! to be honest these wheels will be replacing my OEM wheels so they're not that expensive...pretty much my "daily driving" wheels if you want to call it that. so i didn't want to invest too much which included the tpms sensors...those things aren't cheap. but you've kinda given me some food for thought....i may reconsider my thinking. i will be running a somewhat stretched tire so i'm not sure how feasible tpms sensors will be with this setup. guess i need to do more research...
Appreciate 0