04-16-2010, 03:33 AM   #16
TMP
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M6

Quote:
Originally Posted by beemerbird View Post
I'm definitely warming to this car. As they say that all round ability in all conditions for everyday driving. Bet the engine sounds nice.

Torque figures aren't bad and spread across the rev range to a degree creating more flexible use of power. I reckon that car will cover some ground quickly!

Can defo vouch for the sports seats and quality of leather, well comfy and hug you very nicely.

As for the price. Starts at £57,480 tad pricey I agree. E92 M3 starts at £53,275, stick DCT on = £55,865 which the RS5 has dual clutch as standard (which I think is a mistake - offer a manual as well ffs!!), quattro system is £1,500 and the sport differential is standard on the RS5. Prices are not that disimilar when you look more closey.

BMW give the M3 idrive as standard, MMI is an extra. M3 gets 18" wheels as standard, RS5 19's and carbon fibre trim and so it goes on each manufacturer offering subtle differences in standard equipment.

Won't be buying a new one. Will wait for an ex-demo or similar.

Sounding good so far.
Lol, your right Helen, spec the M3 and its around the same price I had £45k in my head for an M3, cos I wouldnt buy new etiher

So what colour would you go for....Black does look great on your S5?