Rep
Drives: 330i

Garage List
2006 330i Sedan  [0.00]
2003 GSX-R 600  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06graphite
Actually, that's not entirely true:
1) With DVD based cameras you can still put the DVD into your computer and use a video editing suite to edit the video.
2) While the DVD cameras do natively record in MPEG-2, it is generally not highly compressed . The 30 minute limitation is a factor of the physical size of the disk.
3) Actually, MiniDV is not the standard for all video editing platforms. Digital 8 is. In fact, only the more recent editing suites will even natively recognize MiniDV cameras.

As far as your Mac recommendation, all of the major video editing suites are available either for a PC or Mac (Sony Vegas, Adobe Premiere, Avid, etc.) with little to no differences. So it's no longer necessary to go spend a lot more money on a Mac just so you can use decent editing software.

Consumer HD cameras are starting to drop in price, and they all are capable of recording in either HD or standard def (actually DV) so you could "future proof" yourself now by buying an HD camera.

The Mac recommendation is correct, unless you buy a non motorola processor based Mac. The Motorola processors that Mac used to use before switching to Intel were much more better equipped at dealing with audio and video rendering. All semi and professional users edit video on Macs.

SG | Beige Dakota | Poplar || iDrive w/MP3 | PP | SP | CWP | PDC | Comfort | Shades || 40% Tint
| Black Line Tail Lights | Hardwired V1
Appreciate 0