View Single Post
      01-06-2013, 10:46 AM   #57
gIzzE
Major General
Rep
Drives: F11 + 911 C4

Most people just don't like things that are different, doesn't matter what it is, we simply feel more comfortable being around things we know well.

That can be anything from the same food every food shop, hairdressers, clothes shops etc. and silly things like that, through to different people and cultures.

When I was at Uni there was only myself and one other guy in our year of around 50 odd, that were white. Having lived in Norfolk that was something that I really noticed for the first week or two. Obviously became really good mates with most of them over the years and one thing I remember was when we were all having a BBQ one night one of the Indian guys said something along the lines of "Really pleased we are mates with you and Jamie, to be honest before starting here I never really had any white mates, nothing racist, just 'presumed' we didn't have anything in common."

That sort of made me think about it, I often presumed the same, and still sometimes do, but then I think about all the guys on here and other car forums, and all the guys on my music forums and gaming forums and I bet the spread of races and cultures is about as diverse and evenly spread as you could possibly get. I probably have more in common with all the guys on the forums than my 'christian' white mates. But still, all our friends that I see regularly tend to fall in that category.

I wonder how everyone would have viewed that show if it were the Made In Chelsea boys driving round in Fezza's etc.?
If it had been hoodies in knackered 20 year old souped up cars with chav exhausts etc. I know it would have been a different opinion.

Oh, and there are loads of 'asylum seekers' that are milking the system, but when we have generations of Brits doing the same does it really matter?
We need to sought it out as a whole, milking the system that is, before we start worrying about a few people coming over taking the piss, that really is such a small issue in the grand scheme of things.
Appreciate 0