Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: X70 on the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by gIzzE View Post
I take it that you're a Muslim mate??
Nope.
I'm kinda agnostic.
I watched Life of Pi recently and although i'm not religious, i kinda the same and believe that fundamentally all religions are the same story with different characters. So it's cool to mix it all up. Might even be better * Eg the good samaritan exists in some way or form in every religion i've come across plus some others eg Inca, Aborigines etc.

But regardless the most important thing is the outcome. Put simply are you living a good life.

*I realise some people feel very strongly about their religion so i don't mean to belittle your views, and totally respect them as yours.

I guess if this was the 70's i'd be sticking up for the Irish - even though i'm not Irish. And in the 80/90's the blacks - even though i'm not black.
Although i'd probably be talking to myself without the web lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by gIzzE View Post
To be honest, you probably notice media coverage regarding Muslims far more than any non Muslim ever would.
In my shop I always here from the Poles how the UK press has it in for them, then the travellers believe that the press never cover anything other than what they're up to, then the teachers who feel the country just wants to royally screw them over and then I get the upper middle income earners in moaning that they get screwed over more than anyone else and they have to pay for all the others I have just mentioned.

We all live in a bit of a bubble, we all feel we are harder done by than the next man, that is just human nature.

My best mate is a middle income business owner with a teacher wife and happens to be Muslim, he may as well slit his wrists now as far as he is concerned.

What we need to realise is that the country is divided, however, rather than a division of colour or culture it is actually a division of those with morals and those without.
If only we spoke to those that we feel are 'not like us' a little bit more we might all realise that.
I read the news from Google Currents i,.e a few sources so i try to get a better understanding of the topic. So i do see how the Daily Mail writes about Muslim's and immigrants. (must have killed them when mo farah won 2 golds last summer) v say the guardian. And it is quite a strong agenda. And it's the same for Eastern Europeans eg Romanians and Poles.

But you're spot on about integration. That's what it's all about. Tolerance comes from understanding. Understanding from Integration. . And the easiest way to do that is not having divisions from school age (eg in Glasgow with Catholic schools). Which is why i stated i think that immigrants are often the least tolerant, as they don't have the wealth from cultural diversity that we do having been raised in that environment.

That programme could have finished really well by introducing Panda and her pals to the millionaire boy racers. I can guarantee the discussion would have been productive. As old Bob used to say - it's good to talk.
Appreciate 0